So, receiving an immovable kingdom, let us have gratitude, and through it we serve God pleasing him with fear and reverence. (Hebrews 12:28)
The functions of this Ministry are NOT:
- Create a certain environment
- Remove lethargy from the congregation
- Have it by tradition
The functions of this Ministry are:
- Help man find God- Evangelism
- Help man to communicate with God- Worship
- Help man in the process of Christian growth - spiritual growth
Music should be used in the church because it has been ordained by God himself in his holy word: Psalm 100; 1 Chronicles 16: 23-25. 29; Colossians 3:16; Ephesians 5:19
Worship for the Christian is to communicate with God. His attributes are in Isaiah 6: 1-8. These attributes of worship are three:
- An accomplishment of the presence of God.
- A recognition of man's dependence on God and God's response to that need.
- A dedication to the will of God. This is the true purpose of a worship service.
Who is a worshiper? A worshiper is every believer who yields his mind, body and spirit to give glory to God. Every Christian who expresses his love for God, in any form. The quality of worship is not how good one can sing, or how obedient it can be. The quality of worship is found when all the channels of worship are being used to the greatest extent possible. In other words, when you live in holiness and obedience to God, when you are being served with all your heart, when you express yourself with your body and when you are loving your neighbor as well as yourself balanced and integrally.
Worship has three fundamental purposes:
- Preach the Gospel
- Express our love to God
- SPIRITUAL GROWTH